 Local / Australia / 6119
Re: S@H as sharp as ever...And as useful as Lego Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:46:28 GMT

Benjamin Whytcross provides copy from a letter from Lego:
"
Dear LEGO® Builder,
Thank you for inquiring about our product(s).  Item 3924, Director Key
Chain, is not currently available from our web shop. It can be ordered
by phone or mail through the Shop At Home service
..."

then adds:
... you'd think
they would have put some disclaimer on the page in the catalogue saying
that not all items available online, instead of having just below the
item "Shop Online: www.lego.com".

Yep, that is frustrating...  I get the impression that the website is
extremely successful to the point that it outsells the catalog by itself.
(Feel free to disabuse me of that impression, anyone, if you know
otherwise.)  Items that are low in quantity might be listed in the catalog
to no ill effect whereas a listing on the website would sell so quickly so
as not to be worth the trouble (I can imagine the quantities might even be
lower than the threshold at which the website moves the item to "not
available").

However, I hope at some point the phone order and website systems are tied
closely enough together that you could order ANYTHING that a phone operator
could get to.  I expect that's a ways off yet.

Kevin