 General / 31005
Re: 1370 Raptor Rumble Studio: thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 04:17:59 GMT

I just picked up the 1370 and 1371 at my local TRU in Charlotte NC.
The 1371 is a nice set, it has traditional construction ( thye plane is very
similar to the one from Outback airstrip) and the tree uses brown elements
along with a girder ( which is the display stand ffrom the latest TIE
fighter model) for added strength. The Dino is nice and poseable and is all
new unique elements from the body to the head to the feet ( red aligators
head for the tongue....yeah!) Nice set and lots of useable pieces. I thought
it was totally worth the $35 I paid for it.

The 1370 was a bit of a disappointment, the raptors are ill conceived
combinations of some of the LOM small round bendy arm hinges and sloped
bricks, they have a stupid smiley face which reminds me of a dolphin.
The structure has two unique plates which I have never seen and will be
great for recreating old classic space elements. The windows are a reminder
of the old castle wall elements used in Castle and Pirate but are in dark
greay and have large clear windows....very cool! The windows and plates are
neat but the raptors killed it for me, I might buy one or two more if I find
this on clearance. I paid $20 for it at TRU.