 General / 30967
Re: 1370 Raptor Rumble Studio: thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:12:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chuck Rex writes:

I receive this set last week.  The raptor and pterodactyl dinosaurs are
built mostly from bricks, with a head and tail piece. I think it is a bit
odd that it was done this way- ever since the first castle set, they have
made animals out of non-bricks, and the other dino sets all have pre-fab
dinos. So why did they decide to start with bricks now? And doesn't it make
them look silly up against the Adventure dinosaurs? Anybody have an idea why
the change?

PS - The plane is great. It is a sturdy, stylish, fun item.

The new dinosaurs, with the bodies built either from bricks or from the two
highly specialized body pieces, are far more posable/reconfigurable than
their counterparts in Adventurers. As 1370 is part of the Studio line, with
which you are supposed to make movies, posability is important.

I prefer 1370 over the larger 1371. At $35, 1371 is a rip-off, dispite of
the two plane windows. 1370 is more fun.

By the way, last year I made a raptor purely in bricks:
<http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?n=1375>
:-)

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang