 General / 28457
Re: Alpha Team sighting in Columbus OH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 22:51:32 GMT

In article <G9LtCo.ErE@lugnet.com>, "Lorbaat"
<eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:

- The canopy doesn't seal very well, and the hinge for it feels
like there's a slight size tolerance mismatch.

Take the minifig out and see if it closes better.  I noticed after I
assembled mine that the minifig sitting in certain positions was too
tall for the canopy.
When I moved him a little, the canopy closed around him just fine.

I figured that out the next day. It's the hairpiece that seems to be the
problem...that sharp edge along the front sticks out farther than would
a helmet. But I found a position that works.

I've actually noticed a number of models, over many different subthemes
and many different years, that have canopies that are sensitive to
minifig positioning. Maybe it's just me, but I think that the models
should be designed so that if you place the minifig in the cockpit in
the position shown in the instructions, the canopy will close properly.
Why are there so many models that aren't like that?

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com