 General / 28152
28151  |  28153
Subject:
Alpha Team sighting in Columbus OH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:27:57 GMT

Found my first Alpha Team set today (in Columbus, OH, at the W. Broad
St. TRU). 6773 Alpha Team Helicopter. They had about ten of them on the
shelf. It was the only Alpha Team set they had out. Of course I bought
one :-) .

No real review, but a few comments about it:

- The canopy doesn't seal very well, and the hinge for it feels like
there's a slight size tolerance mismatch.

- The click-hinge/axle-hole pieces are very nice. This set comes with
four of the male variety (a perfect match for 1357, which has two of the
female; buy two of 1357 for every one of 6773, and you'll have matched
pairs). I'm already envisioning lots of uses for these.

- Two *red* #2 axles. Yes, I said *red*. Has any other set ever come
with red axles?

- Biggest disappointment: despite how it looks in the 2001 catalog, the
minifig's hair is brown, not red. :-( I don't know what they screwed up
in color corrections when they printed the catalog, but this fig's hair
is most definitely brown.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com