 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 275
Re: Alpha Team sighting in Columbus OH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:36:55 GMT

In article <G9z9Dp.6EE@lugnet.com>, "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>
wrote:

On another note - if one is looking for somewhat somewhat decent
discounts... last year somone in this group mentioned that Kohl's had
LEGO at a "permanent" %20 off. Apparently that's true because the
Kohl's on West Broad/Phillipi (just east of the TRU on W Broad) still
has that discount - I got a 2001 SW Tie Fighter set for %20 off.

That was me who mentioned it last year. About six months or so ago, they
stopped keeping the Lego on "permanent" discount and switched to a
rotating sale (i.e., every few weeks, they'll put them on unadvertised
discount for a week). The 20% discount this weekend was an advertised
discount for their "Grand Opening Weekend" sales (they have a chainwide
sale every time they open a new store anywhere). The ad was in a flyer
in Thursday's paper, and it was advertised for Friday and Saturday only.
The discount on Lego did not reappear in Sunday's flyer, and I haven't
been to a Kohl's store today to see if the discount is still in effect.

(I used to work for Kohl's, which is how I know so much about their
advertised vs. unadvertised vs. rotating discount policies.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com