 General / 27725
Re: Reuters report on Lego at New York Toy Fair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:19:02 GMT

r2 wrote:
We've been down this pink Lego, Don Cesar thread before. I grew up a few
miles from "The Don" and all the other pastel colored architecture in
Florida.

My mom live's pretty close to it now (at least in the winter), she's got
a place on Treasure Island.

My only point, which I have stated before, is that attracting girls to Lego
does not require pink Lego. Not all girls like pink and some if not most
might find it a turn off (of the target age). Especially building a soccer
bus with pink windows. Girls that play soccer really start around 9, usually
past the age of the pink fetish.

I think the point of the pink discussion was more: "Gee wouldn't it be
nifty for (some of) us if TLC did the stereotypical thing and had a pink
bus." I hope TLC will eventually realize that serious builders would
like to see a larger variety of pink parts. I don't care if they're in
sets or in bulk packs or something else, but I'd sure love to be able to
realistically create large creations in pink (don't tell anyone but I've
got a slow effort underway for a couple pink creations, and they aren't
something like a Don Cesar for my town...).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com