 General / 2502
Re: Play "I can name that piece..."
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 05:18:39 GMT

Robert M. Dye wrote:

Hello, all.

I was over at the ECDC (Early Childhood Development Center) in the
parish today, and asked to quell a disturbance in the LEGO corner.

While there (heehee) I found a piece of monorail track (will have to go
back and search more carefully this weekend!), and two other pieces.

Piece one:  This is probably pretty easy...it looks like a wagon wheel,
but is red, and 1.25 in in diameter.It is surrounded by a rubber tire,
and had a metal pin sticking out of the back. There are 12 spokes in the
center. It would look GREAT on a circus wagon type vehicle, If I had
several more of them.  What is this piece from?

Lots of old sets had the 4x4 spoked wheels.

Of course, having said that, I don't have much of a list to offer...  :)

Here's a starting point:
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=194

Piece two: Maybe a stumper. It is black, and 2.256 inches high, x @ 1.25
x@ 1.25. It has 8 sections on one side, and looks a little like a corner
piece of some sortIt slopes out from the top to the halfway point, and
then back again. Looks like a 45 degree slope, more or less. Says (c)
LEGO group, which may help date it a bit, and has two ovals on the
indented area. These don't seem to serve ANY purpuse, not even
decoration, so may be for identifying in some way?

Underneath, in the square to attach to the baseplate, says 4737, and
then under that 3 (space) 02.  Anybody know what it is, and what set it
came from?

1x1 Tile, Top Compartmented, 1x1 Top, 6H (in Black)

Qty Set  U.S. Set Name          Year Theme
2   6891 Gamma-V Laser Craft    1985 LEGOLAND Space
1   6972 Polaris-I Space Lab    1987 LEGOLAND Space
2   6987 Message-Intercept Base 1988 Blacktron
2   6956 Stellar Recon Voyager  1990 M:Tron
2   6989 Mega Core Magnetizer   1990 M:Tron

-- joshua