 General / 19552
Re: Summer Shop at Home Catalog just arrived!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 02:29:54 GMT

It's 1412 pieces.

--
3 Cities: http://home.att.net/~brgn/index.htm
Motoslave Garage: http://home.att.net/~brgn/motoslave/index.htm
In lugnet.general, Eelco Kooiker writes:

From the pix it looks to be about the same size as the 8445 Indy
Storm (same size wheels), so I can't comprehend an MSRP of
US$170!!

It's one of the biggest LEGO Technic sets ever made!! Over 1400 pieces.
The tires are not the same size as 8445 but 8448!

It must be motorised or R/C or something.  Oh, and I
just noticed the "Silver Champion" sticker on the side of it,
so I guess that's it.

Why? Lego has nothing said about motorising this car on there website.
(With the last update of the lego-website all new 2000-sets are included • in
the catalog)

Well, since I originally thought it was the same size as the Indy Storm,
I couldn't understand why it would cost so much more, unless there
was something special about it, like motorized or something.  But now
that I understand that it really is much bigger than Indy Storm, 1800
pieces instead of only 440, I can understand the price difference.
That's even more pieces than the UCS X-Wing, at 1304.  Would that
make this the biggest set ever, with the 5571 Black Cat having "only"
1743 pieces?

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203