 General / 19525
Re: Summer Shop at Home Catalog just arrived!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 09:59:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.announce, Jeff Stembel writes:
(follow-ups set to market.shopping)

3342 Chewbacca and 2 Biker Scouts - $4.99
Chewbacca isn't unique?

I think it means not available in any set.

Available August:
8458 Silver Champion - $169.99
Theme?

SWEET!!  The theme, if I'm correct, is TECHNIC.  I think this
is the Formula 1 type car that were in the photos of the
soccer (football) bus that's cruising around with all the
new sets in it.  I think the photos were up on BrickShelf, but
I just checked and couldn't find them.  Can't find the original
post either, but it was only about a month ago.  I do have 2 of
the pix saved on my drive if no-one can provide a link.  From
the pix it looks to be about the same size as the 8445 Indy
Storm (same size wheels), so I can't comprehend an MSRP of
US$170!!  It must be motorised or R/C or something.  Oh, and I
just noticed the "Silver Champion" sticker on the side of it,
so I guess that's it.  Maybe they made a larger one than the
prototype.  Or it includes tickets to Indy for the return of
the U.S. Grand Prix...   :]

KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, LUGNETer #203