 General / 19553
RE: LEGO and ACCC [reporting profiteering stores]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 04:07:44 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Obrien [mailto:jamien@interworx.com.au]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 12:13 AM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com; lugnet.general@lugnet.com;
lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LEGO and ACCC [reporting profiteering stores]

Hi, scary thing is when working on a Help/Emergency desk, alot of
people just didn't know (I hope this was the case) that they had to
take off the input credit gst before the did anything else. BUT some
added the markup to the original price + gst, and added the 10% Sales
gst and pocketed a little bit extra. This was easy to fix in most
cases, BUT there were a few who thought otherwise.

As to the ACCC, i think they need to show a pattern of action (intent)
before they'll send in the big boys, and going into shops writing down
prices (or taking photos, don't do that anymore) tends to P them off.

To start the ball

AVOID Target Bundaberg

We should list the great shops as well. maybe a thread for AVOIDS and
another for FABULOUS or something. Toyworld in Bundy is the best.
They'll order for you and most of what they have just about matched W.

Just hope W and K-Mart get my laybys right!!
Jamie

Actually, avoid Target full stop! [all their pricing is done at head office
for the country, I believe] I'm just getting ready to email the ACCC about
their pricing [actually I'll be 'contacting them' on their website this
evening.] K-Mart didn't drop overly well, either. [probably use the same
pricing structure...they are part of the same company]

eg from target...impulse set was 4.95, now 4.97 => 3.2% drop, not the 8-12%
we were supposed to get. [set 5900]
6474 was $19.95, now $19.37 => 3% drop [same as KMart, from memory] [they
dropped it down last week to stop me complaining [at least I'd like to think
so :) ] but then stuffed up on the price discounting, giving me something
new to complain about.]

as opposed to BigW:
impulse set was $1.88, now $1.76 => 6.4% drop [twice Target's]

Now...How about everyone complain about the same items, or just any lego at
these stores [target, kmart, etc] where the prices haven't dropped as we
expected and let everyone know which chain it was. If the ACCC get enough
complaints from different places around the country, they're more likely to
do something :)

[I'll be complaining about Target and KMart about the sets listed above. I
may actually say something good about how BigW can pass the difference on,
and how it shows that the other stores are profiteering, which may help even
more.]

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)