 General / 18586
Re: an old strange plate 8x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:39:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Domenico,

The first plates were available long before 1962.

Here is a catalog scan from Horst Lehner's site from 1957 that shows the
plate that you have.

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk57/GK57-2.JPG

"Domenico Franco" <acubens@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message
I discovered in my LEGO collection a very strange plate: a plate withuot
tubes!!

I know the first LEGO plate was made in 1962 when the stud-and-tube system
was already used, so the question is: why is this plate wihout tubes?

view plate pics at:
http://www.geocities.com/domenico_f/lego/plateup.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/domenico_f/lego/platedown.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/domenico_f/lego/logo.jpg