 General / 22660
22659  |  22661
Subject:
Four colours of 4 x 8 CA plates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 18:44:42 GMT

Gary,
Add two more colours to the CA plate inventory. That makes plates in white,
light grey, black & red. The ones I have are all 4 x 8 with waffle bottoms,
probably CA. http://home.att.net/~clarkster/WafflePlates.jpg
The black one didn't show its waffle very well. The two new colors came in a
Samsonite collection (because of the large gears) with a mix of CA & ABS
bricks. Don't know what set/time frame.

Thanks,
Clark

The great Gary wrote:
These plates were only produced in Cellulose Acetate in the following sizes:
2x8, 4x8, 4x8 right curve, 4x8 left curve, and 6x8.  And they were only
produced in WHITE!  These waffle bottom plates were produced from circa 1956
until about 1965.