 General / 17360
  RE: Lost Instructions

When I phoned LA, I was told that LEGO rad no problems with current set instructions on the web. Kevin, on the other hand, doesn't include them on his page, as the ability to get the instructions on-line may stop people buying the current sets (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

This is very interesting. My current policy stands, however, if TLC explicitly asked me to include current instructions, I would probably accomodate their request. KL (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) From where I am sitting, it does not matter what reasons Kevin Loch has for not posting instructions of current sets. Brickshelf is maintained privately and the operator may do whatever he wishes. It may be within TLC Fair Play Policy to allow (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

Excellent points, all of you. I assumed I had asked an unanswered question, but it appears I was wrong. Thanks for the insight. (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) Who/what is "LA"? --Todd (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) On the one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, I see no reason to not discuss TLC's policy. There is no reason to shut down discussion just because Kevin Loch has made a final decision (I would also hope that his decision is flexible if (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) Probably LEGO Austrailia. Alan (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) It's definitely Lego Australia, down in this Lego backwater it's a hobby of AFOL's to regularly consult the oracle. LA has quickly become shorthand here, and Benjamin must have forgot he wasn't in loc.au . Maybe when accessing the oracle we (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

Kevin Salm wrote in message ... (...) not (...) and (...) Policy (...) but (...) disucssion. (...) No, it would be the end of the discussion if A) we were simply told why (and we were! thanks Benjamin), or B) if Kevin said he didn't want to discuss (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

What is your policy? a 2 year or 3 year ban? You're web site says no scans newer than 1997, but I thought your policy was a 2 year ban, which would make 1998 sets ok. Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) probably (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) No. His policy is just: no newer sets than 1997, period. I wish he'd change his mind, but this is just grinding the flour (1). Kevin stated multiple times that his policy stands, and he won't change it. It's just best to let go now - nothing (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) The Lego Company Fair Play policy is worldwide. You can read it here --> (URL) that this is a dynamic policy--it has and may change in the future. It would be a good idea to check this document before launching websites, etc. that contain Lego (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) I somewhat agree with you. The reason I have for not discussing this further is that there is no need until Kevin Loch indicates that he wants input from others and is considering changing his own policy. I agree totally with supporting (...) (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) catalogs. (...) Kevin, thanks, but I have been there. My point was that a phone conversation between an unidentified LA employee and a Lugnetter should not be taken as an official bulletin. -pete.w (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) You could say, "I wish he'd change his mind, but this is beating a dead horse." Then again, you might prefer to stick to the flour idiom! (If I think of a more pleasant saying that works I'll LYK.) Maggie C. (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Instructions

(...) Right! So does anyone have official information about TLC's policy regarding this? Kevin, do you mind sharing whatever info you were given by TLC lawyers (or anyone else) that made you originally arrive at this decision? -Shiri (24 years ago, 14-Apr-00, to lugnet.general)