 General / 15065
Re: LEGO Rare Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 20:15:34 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote:

-  2x2 regular slope outside corner bricks:  rare in yellow, scarce in
blue, gray and white, common in red and black.

As a fan of blue slopes in particular, I consider the blue 2x2 outside-corner
slopes to be beyond "scarce".  The last set I know that contained them was
a Basic set in the mid-80s.  Prior to that there were two in a '70s "Model
Team" set (one of the classic cars).  They were available in "bulk" in spare
parts packs in the '60s (and early '70s?).  AFAIK that's it.  This is in
contrast to all other variants of blue medium-sloped bricks, which were
available in quantity in the 1082 DACTA roof bricks set at least into the
early '90s.  (Well, 1082 didn't contain any 1x2 slopes, but I consider that
a plus.)

I know your breakdown wasn't intended to make that fine of distinction,
but, call it a pet peeve since I am fond of that particular piece. :)

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/