 General / 15063
Re: LEGO Rare Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:55:52 GMT

Which colors can you find the 1x2 low slope apex brick? I need one in red
but I don't know if they even exist.

-Nick

Gary Istok wrote in message <38AC404A.1517ABA@umich.edu>...
It has been a rather dull month.  I thought I would rehash some old
stuff, and wake up some of you people - cranky from being cooped up for
the winter......

What LEGO pieces are rare (in regular colors), what pieces are scarce
(note: scarce can also mean that they are in current production sets,
but their demand exceeds supply):

-  2x2 regular slope outside corner bricks:  rare in yellow, scarce in
blue, gray and white, common in red and black.
-  2x2 regular slope inside corner bricks:  rare in white, scarce in
blue and gray, common in red and black, unknown in yellow (?).
-  2x2 & 2x4 regular slope peak bricks:  rare in white, yellow, scarce
in blue, common in red, black, unknown in gray (?).
-  2x2 gable connector peak bricks:  scarce in black and gray, common in
red, blue, unknown in white or yellow (?).
-  1x2 half pyramid peak brick:  rare in yellow (I saw my first one ever
on EBAY recently - where are they from?), scarce in black and gray,
common in red, unknown in white (?).
-  2x2 regular slope inverse corner bricks:  scarce in black, red, gray,
yellow, blue and white.
-  3x3 low slope corner bricks:  rare in yellow, scarce in black and
blue, common in red, unknown in white or gray (?).
-  2x2 & 2x4 low slope peak bricks:  rare in black, scarce in yellow and
white, common in red and blue, unknown in gray (?).
-  2x2x3 extreme slope corner bricks:  rare in yellow, scarce in white,
red, blue, black, gray and red.
-  1x2x2 windows:  rare in black and gray, scarce in blue, yellow and
white, common in red.
-  1x4x5 windows:  rare in yellow, scarce in blue, common in red, black,
gray, and white.

Has anyone ever seen a 2x2 regular sloped inside corner brick in
yellow?  Or how about a 3x3 low sloped corner brick in white or gray?
And speaking of the low sloped bricks, has anyone ever seen the low
slope 2x2 and 2x4 peaks in gray?  Some of these might exist (lots of
stuff shows up in Space or Pseudo-Space (Roboforce, etc.), but I don't
have one.

Also, if anyone wants to add these pieces in new colors (2x2 outside
slopes exist in tan and dark gray, 1x4x5 window exists in green,
etc...).

Gary Istok