 General / 15019
Re: Newbie on board.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:08:49 GMT

Markus Wolf wrote:

Having just come out of my Dark Ages, I have some observations and ideas.

1) Is it just me, or do the Rock Raider minifigs seem especially angry?  Most
of my (albeit dusty) minifigs are way too hap-hap-happy including the dark
forces of Blacktron Generation I, if you check beneath the visor.  (Down deep
inside, I'm sure they love moonlit walks on the beach and quiet nights at
home) I don't have any Rock Raiders but I would tend to make the Rock Raiders
the bad guys, and the big rock creature the good guy.

I'm convinced that the Rock Raiders' meanness is what prompted TLG to make the new
Construction set/2000 Town faces so disorientingly happy.  It's really rather
disturbing--they're visibly aping for the SolipsismCam each of us carries as
creator of our Legoverse!  If a classic smiley is :) then these guys are easily :D
.

That's all.  Signing out.
Markus Wolf

One more thing...
4) I looked at my Lego catalog that had a close-up of the QuiGon Jinn minifig
(I can't spell it, I don't know)  He would make a great Jesus in a Lego Last
Supper scene.  (hope nobody's offended by that observation.  I don't think
that's disrespectful...)

That's interesting.  Could Timmy be Judas...?

best

Lindsay