 General / 15012
15011  |  15013
Subject:
Newbie on board.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 04:07:05 GMT

Having just come out of my Dark Ages, I have some observations and ideas.

1) Is it just me, or do the Rock Raider minifigs seem especially angry?  Most
of my (albeit dusty) minifigs are way too hap-hap-happy including the dark
forces of Blacktron Generation I, if you check beneath the visor.  (Down deep
inside, I'm sure they love moonlit walks on the beach and quiet nights at
home) I don't have any Rock Raiders but I would tend to make the Rock Raiders
the bad guys, and the big rock creature the good guy.

2) I think that a Wizard of Oz theme would be very cool for Lego to do.  What
could be more appropriate than a yellow brick road.  I'm sure that somebody's
thought of this before but do you see the possibilities?  Oz characters
copyrights, from my understanding, are old enough that anyone can use them.
And it has real staying power.  You could do the Emerald City, flying monkeys,
Munchkin land.. well that would be difficult.  I've always had difficulty with
minifig children... How do you make them shorter, dag nabbit.

3) Finally, why hasn't Lego made a superhero minifig for their town series.
I've toyed with my own, still discontent with the small cape assortment I
have.  It's not quite the look I had in mind.

That's all.  Signing out.
Markus Wolf

One more thing...
4) I looked at my Lego catalog that had a close-up of the QuiGon Jinn minifig
(I can't spell it, I don't know)  He would make a great Jesus in a Lego Last
Supper scene.  (hope nobody's offended by that observation.  I don't think
that's disrespectful...)

buh-bye.