 General / 14352
Re: Help Me......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 05:03:57 GMT

Hi Richard,

First of all let me assure you that you're not alone. I've had a MAJOR
building block (as this lack of temporary ideas and imagination is often
referred to) ever since September `99. This is when I moved to the US and
suddenly I could buy tons of lego at totally reasonable prices! OTOH, I had
left my main collection behind (In Israel) and kept feeling a lack in the
appropriate pieces or themes. Eventually I just didn't build anything. This
situation was VERY frustrating, let me tell you (though I see you already
know). For almost half a year I had built nothing original.

But about a month ago I received a suggestion from Pawel (I can't thank him
enough!) that freed the barriers of my imagination. He suggested that I work
on small scales, create a minifig, name it, invent a story around it, and just
let it flow. I started with two simple characters, Felix and Scar (one of whom
is now widely known in the Castle realm, if I may say so myself). I started
building an environment around them, just telling myself the general
circumstances in which they lived, establishing them with the four W's (Who,
What, Where, Why) that I often use (in theater).
It wasn't a Hocus-Pocus. But it was a start. And after that, everything was
much, much easier. I started a king and Queen, then their kingdom, and things
started to flow. I can't stop it now...

I can't guarentee your success, but I can tell you this much. Try creating
some minifigs in the area of your interest. Don't give up if it doesn't come
to you immediatly - try again.

I hope this will help you, Good luck!

-Shiri
BTW, you can see Scar and the rest of the clan here:
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/