 General / 13286
Re: Help Me......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:57:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Schuit writes:
I come home from work at night, usually have some dinner and then log on to
lugnet to see whats happening. I read all the different postings and sit back
and smile, oft times calling my girlfriend in to see something amusing or to
read about someone who has created an entire race of wizards (yeah you know
who you are, great stuff all of you by the way) and herein lies the reason for
my cry of help. Brace yourselves my good ladies and gentlemen, for I fear I
have no imagination. Can anyone help me to recapture that elusive childhood
freedom of the mind??? It scares me, truly it does.........I can remember when
it would rain on the weekend and I would do nothing but sit for hours creating
wondrous vehicles, naming my mini-figs and basically setting the scene for
epic struggles of good and evil.........but now there is nothing.......I buy
sets that I like, build them, leave them together for a few days and pull them
apart........and thats it.......so please people of lugnet......open your
flood gates of creativity and save me......

Heh.  I suspect this is something everyone runs across from time to time.  A
couple of the things I'll do when the creative juices aren't flowing might
help....

1: Have a pile of unsorted Lego.  I find that a couple ice cream buckets is a
good size - bigger than that can get intimidating if I'm feeling uncreative.
I'll just dig around in there and start building.  Usually it helps for me to
start with an idea (a building, a space ship, whatever).

2: Open a tub with some of my sorted bricks and see how many different ways I
can connect a single type/color of brick.  I find this to be a really neat way
to inspire me.

HTH

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/