 General / 14144
Re: Pixelego Viewer available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:01:24 GMT

Thanks, Tony.

By week's end (?) I hope to have a downloadable Java (java 1.1.7)
application that will do all the partitioning, etc... I thought writing
the dither algorithm was gonna be tough, but witha little web-research
it turned out to be doable (as evidenced by the Viewer). You'll be able
to print out the Image and Piece Inventory, choose colors, and so forth.

eric

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

Very cool applet Eric!

Very odd too, as I was JUST thinking to myself last night how cool it would
be to have a program that would do just this exact thing!  (I was thinking
along the lines of scanning in a photo of someone and having the program
spit out the parameters so that I could make a "portrait" of them out of
LEGO)

Unfortunately I thought I would have to write it myself!  But I guess I
don't ahve to now!  (Unfortunate because my programming skills SUCK!)

Keep up the good work!

Troy

Eric Harshbarger <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message

Hi all,

As a preamble to a much more involved LEGO-like tool that I am working
on, I thought I'd going ahead and make the following applet available:

Pixelego Viewer
http://www.ericharshbarger.org/cgi-bin/j?pixelegoviewer/index.html

(or just go to http://www.ericharshbarger.org/java/ and follow the
links).

This applet is freely available for download, so if you want to spruce
up any LEGO-themed webpages by displaying 'Pixelego-ed' images, go
ahead. Instructions on download/embedding are available at the java
address above.

cheers,

eric

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)