 General / 14133
Re: Pixelego Viewer available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 01:49:08 GMT

No plans for scans/special tiles at this point... just plan bricks and
plate. But who knows...

Considering the full-application (version 1) should be done in a day or
so (?), I'm pretty happy with the progress.

A basic version of the application will be available for free... I'm
debating what features (if any) to restrict to a shareware (cheap, but
not free) version.

Of course, I'll keep LUGNET notified...

eric

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.announce, Eric Harshbarger writes:
[...]
Pixelego Viewer
http://www.ericharshbarger.org/cgi-bin/j?pixelegoviewer/index.html>
[...]

Rave:  Cool!!!  That certainly makes pixellization with LEGO bricks a lot
more sane and do-able!  :)

Question:  Will it be for solid-colored bricks (or plates) only, or will a
user be able to supply a library of scans of LEGO tiles and ask it to create
Photomosaic[tm]-style images

   http://photomosaic.com/gallery.htm

using the sub-pixellization properties inherent in the tile images?

--Todd

p.s.  Photomosaic[tm] is a trademark of Runaway Technology.

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)