 General / 13034
Re: Conversation at TRU overheard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:00:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh wrote:

So, net-net, when I buy for him I typically look at the size of the model
not the age on the box.  He  is pretty good for 100-150 pieces typically.
We'll see how the Artic sets go - he has seen them and really wants them.  I
plan on getting him the 6573 Artic Expedition
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6573) for his birthday in a few
weeks.  I know he will be able to build this one, but the crawler tracks are
a must have for him!

Hmm.  Maybe that's the real reason for juniorization -- kids (and parents) want
the impressive big sets, (most) kids don't really want to spend that much time
building.  So LEGO makes big sets with fewer, bigger parts.

That doesn't explain the *small* juniorized sets.

And it doesn't help those who actually buy a building toy with the expectation
that they'll be spending time building.

Steve