 General / 12877
Re: Conversation at TRU overheard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 10:36:33 GMT

I'm sure glad my parents didn't pick my toys that way -- I was thoroughly
hooked on town system Lego at age 4, space followed soon afterwards (and
castle when it came out a bit later).

--

Paul Davidson

Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
I was standing in TRU today... and there's a woman with her 2 kids, a
boy just about to turn 7 and a girl probably 10 or 11.. The boy had some
money to spend and wanted to get some Lego, He was looking over the
shelf.. and pulling out sets he thought he might like.. and the sister
and mother kept pointing out the age range on the sets. At one point the
mother said you're about to turn 7 so I suppose you could get a 7+ set.

Is this really the way parents pick out presents?? and make their kids
think? they can't do something past their "age" limit??

My Ex had 3 kids, and I NEVER went by the age on the box when I got the
older one lego, granted he was a bright child, though still... I never
tried to stunt his experience with new things I at least let him try. If
he needed help I'd help him, Or could we be looking at a parent that
doesn't do hands on stuff with her kids here?

Basically, do all of you out there with Kids pick the sets by the age
range on the box for them???

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy