 General / 12871
Re: Conversation at TRU overheard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 06:56:01 GMT

Mookie wrote:

Basically, do all of you out there with Kids pick the sets by the age
range on the box for them???

I answer speaking of toys in general, not just sets...

Yes and no. When my kids were much younger, of the age where they could
choke on things or get trapped in them or strangled, etc., I gave much
more credence to age ranges, especially the minimums.

Now, I mostly look at the maximums. If something's marked as 5-8, I will
think hard about whether to buy it for Nik, who is 7. It's not likely to
hold his interest long. But then, he doesn't care for Town Jr much, and
was able to build R2D2 out of the Droid Developer Kit with only some
parts sorting assistance from me.

That's my boy!