 General / 12921
RE: Calling for Box Status and New Rule to vote on
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:35:52 GMT

As one who has been on the lists for a few months without seeing a single
box I DON'T like that idea.  Waiting is bad enough...to now
require those of
us who have been patient thus far to constantly monitor another newsgroup
just to say we want what we've already been waiting for would be an insult
(IMHO).  If the community decides to go this route please remove my name
from all lists.

That's exactly why I said it's not a perfect solution. But take GB#4 for
example. (It's not lost is it?) I think there's only one person on that
list who hasn't already received at least one box. Knock everyone else off
that list (including myself!) and send the box to Matthew Greene if he is
indeed the only boxless one on the list. Meanwhile, compile a list of
everyone on a General Box waiting list who hasn't received a box yet.
Matthew will post when he's ready to send it on and the first person on
that list to respond gets it. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Alternatively, only use this method on new boxes. As I said, I'm planning
to start a box around one of these days myself but the GB#4 list caught my
eye since it's short and has lots of familiar names on it.

If anyone else has rule ideas I'd love to hear them before sending my box
out. Takes longer to cull a complete box out of my collection than just
enough to swap pieces. :-)

Doug