 General / 11715
Re: New 2000 sets in Lego.com European catalog!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 12:21:29 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.announce, Richard Finegold writes:
I was looking at the <http://www.lego.com/> official LEGO web site and
checked to see if any catalog entries had been updated.  Sure enough, there
were plenty of them in Europe!  I'll admit that I checked most of these
numbers by typing them at the end of a

http://www.lego.com/catalog/eur/productzoom.asp?number=2904
[...]

Veddy interesting...did that actual URL work for you earlier?  I get a "not
found" message on it.

That's an interesting technique, BTW, since someone wouldn't even have to
know set numbers ahead of time -- there are "only" about 7000 unused numbers
to try.  :-)

--Todd

I found the best approach was to go into the European region, then to
System, and click on the broken theme icons (these appear to be Arctic,
Footbal, new SW Episode 1, and the new Castle sub theme) and there are
all the new sets. Presumably the other new sets are within the themes
(eg Johnny Thunder and Baby T in Adventurers).

There's also a broken sidebar graphic for Lego Baby.

The broken theme graphics might mean someone's put a bit of a database
up that's not meant to be there yet and all the support files are still
being worked on.

Try here: http://www.lego.com/catalog/eur/overview.asp?selection=system

:: paul