 General / 10947
Re: 2000 sets should appear this weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 20:13:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Lannan writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Mark Herzberg writes:

snip

Mark, just to confirm -- you mean this *coming* Friday/Saturday, and not
this weekend that we're in right at the moment?  If so, that would mean
December 3 or 4, which would be perfectly in alignment with previous years...

--Todd

Yes, this coming weekend. Though as another poster mentioned, the shipment is
expected on Tuesday, the seventh. That's close enough for me. Can't wait!

Hey! Does this mean only at these Lego stores in Florida? Any educated guesses
about regular stores for the rest of the States? (TRU, Walmart, Target, and KB)

Just checked my calendar. I captured the first day I saw the new sets last year
- Dec. 14th, Redwood City Toys R Us. Based on the rollouts of various sets, it
seems to take about a week for new sets to make their way across the continent.
So depending on where you live, it could be anywhere from one day to a week
from when they are first spotted in the LIC stores. (That assumes, of course,
that you live in one of the lower 48 United States.) Toys R Us seems to get
them a little earlier than Target or Walmart. Don't know about KB, since that
chain is not so prevalent here in the SF Bay Area.

- chris