 General / 10654
Re: Ghosts?
Newsgroups:
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:57:50 GMT

if he objects).

--

Group: rec.toys.lego
Subject: Re: Demystifying Ghosts
Date: 1998/01/23
Author: Raymond Suke Flournoy

In article <6a433k$h1e$1@darla.visi.com>, Todd Lehman <lehman@visi.com> wrote:
Ole Martin Bjoerndalen wrote:

What do the ghost minifigs look like inside? I mean, do they have faces, • or
are their heads completely black? Do their shirts have decorations?

I think the new ghosts have legs, but the old ghosts had a 1x2 white
brick in place of legs... (?)

  I just put together the Time Twisters Whirling Time Warper (6496), and the
ghost in there indeed has white legs, a difference from the previous plate and
brick.

  This struck me as particularly odd because I'm Japanese-American, and in
Japanese folklore one distinctive feature of ghosts is that they have no
feet.  Being used to that, I took one look at the new ghost and thought,
"That's not a ghost!  It's just a guy in a sheet!"

  :^)

--Raymond Flournoy

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"