 General / 1054
  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

Great points Tom. First, while it's "just toys" the industry is extremely competitive. Competing toy companies would love to hear all of the LEGO Group's plans for next year and subsequent years. Bottom line -- it's a business. They must protect (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) I've heard this before (about us only being a small segment of the market). But the only things that seperate us from the rest of the Lego fans around the world is that we have access to the internet, and we have luckily found groovy resources (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

Richard Franks writes: <SNIP> (...) I can't help but think that this group (LUGNET) would be an invaluable source of information for TLG. Most companies spend big bucks on market research to find out what their consumers like. I'm sure TLG must do (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) Did they give you any idea of what does go into the model design process. That is to say, do a bunch of execs sit around and build, do they bring kids in, do they have little play sessions for testing? They used to have that quality, but in (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) I don't know. I either didn't ask, or my memory is failing. It was about 10 years ago. Has it been that long already? Uh-Oh, I better be careful. I might fall and break a hip or something. (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) Well, internet access isn't the only defining demographic -- I think the average person here is age 20 or above, but check on a Lego box to find what TLG considers their target market. (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

Hmmm ... I would think that our (small) segment of the market brings in more dollars per person that kids do ... we have jobs. :) Also, I would say that our purchases are larger sets or higher volume on small sets. Also, on the same thought ... I (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) I make more than any 10 eight year olds, sure. But those 10 kids have 10 sets of parents who probably make more than I do, and larger extended families that, combined, certainly make more than I do. I probably spent at least $3k, possibly much (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) what (...) I think that age might be closer to 30..... Another common factor is the fact that many people here buy for themselves, and for their children. The other, probably more interesting factor is that many people here could probably (...) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) Well, I'm emerginf from a mini-Dark Ages, so the number is a bit skewed but I made it over 1% just in auctions, and I think with the stuff I've bought for my niece & nephews (and me) new, the total probably is close to 2%. Regards, BOB!! (URL) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

(...) Hey, there are some young 'uns here (I'm 16) (...) Especially since my annual income is (far) below $1000 :( --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (26 years ago, 5-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

Also sprach Richard Dee: : The other, probably more interesting factor is that many people here could : probably describe their purchases as a whole percentage number (1%) or : above, of their annual income. I know I do. Somewhere between 2 and 3 (...) (26 years ago, 6-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Met a LEGO rep...

Beaker wrote in message ... (...) could (...) 5%. But that says more about my pay than my purchases... Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)