 General / 1081
Re: Met a LEGO rep...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:59:39 GMT

Richard Franks writes:
<SNIP>
So yeah - to me it makes sense that TLG would listen to our views, and
listen seriously because we are a pretty good self-creating market
research source!

Richard

I can't help but think that this group (LUGNET) would be an invaluable source
of information for TLG.  Most companies spend big bucks on market research
to find out what their consumers like.  I'm sure TLG must do this to some extent,
but why shell out so much money when you have the LUGNET resource at
your fingertips for free?  The demographics probably aren't *quite* as diverse
as random customer questionaires, but remember the phrase "The squeeky
wheel always gets the oil."

I also approached TLG several years ago about where they get the designs for
their models.  They (supposedly) take no ideas from outside the company.  It
would probably be a legal nightmare, but it would be nice if they produced
model ideas and designs from the consumers.  I could only hope that TLG can
approach the quality in design I have seen on various LEGO enthusiasts web
sites.  They used to have that quality, but in the last few years the designs
haven't quite lived up to their previous standards.

Duane