 General / 10297
  Lego Insurance?

I'm not sure which catagory this belongs in, so I figured it would be safe to post it here. I'm going to be moving soon and I'm getting renter's insurance. Now, I've got several items that are easy to insure at face value (my computer, stereo, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) There was a thread on this not all that long ago: (URL) a whole bunch of suggestions got made. I recall someone saying that they took several eBay auction results for sets they currently had to their insurance agent as an indication of current (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Thanks for the lead. Two reaction I have to this thread, having read most of the posts just now... 1) For those people who simple accept that their collection will be covered under the general policy, If you have a very large collection, I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Yeah, I'm inclined to agree here. As with any other 'unusual' or large collection - meaning anything the average family isn't likely to have - document it, and ask your agent about it. If he says it's covered, get it in writing. Video tape (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) I don't know about, and certainly can't speak for, Todd, but I know that some people wouldn't give out this info just to keep it from falling into the "wrong hands" and becoming part of a Lego Price Guide. Though, insurance purposes would be a (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) "wrong (...) I keep a personal spreadsheet which takes the retail price of a set and the number of pieces to extrapolate an average price per piece. I use this to get a ballpark figure on the original price of the older sets. I've only (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Many of the older sets can be looked up in the database here on Lugnet. While this is useful for the use you mentioned (determining the value of new sets), it's not very useful for older sets. I would think that the value of a set from the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) The interpolation is actually meant to plug in the gaps in the database. For instance, set 760 does not have a MSRP. The calculated MSRP based on my averages is around $12.50. I *KNOW* that the set is more valuable than that. More research is (...) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) astronaut),any instructions/boxes you have and any sets still in the box. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 16-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Insurance?

(...) Note that price per piece in AucZilla is going to be higher than the average price per piece using retail set prices. (25 years ago, 17-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)