 General / *645 (-10)
  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) I'll add a couple more: Building towers of various kinds Build bridges That second one (bridges) I've had a lot of fun with. Box, span, suspension, etc. I've built some pretty nice things with them. (...) Actually, I find that true with K'Nex (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Chicago Legofest?

(...) I really don't think so. None of my neighbors are into Lego, and I don't think they'd take too kindly to having a bunch of people from the internet who I've never met before over. There are a couple more people in the area, I think. I think (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) I'll second that. We (my siblings and I) have one of each, and that's it for K'NEX. We made our ball machine taller and added a track with a vertical fall of most of the height to a drum pad at an angle. The ball bounces of the pad and into a (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

Ralph Hempel wrote in message ... :Mike Stanley wrote in message ... : :> :>My comment is I curse the name of the baseball card collector (or :>whoever it was) who came up with the idea that "errors" in a :>production run are somehow worth more (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Actually, there is a long line of philatelists who will take credit for this mess. Stamp collectors prized "errors" long before baseball cards were popular as money making items. Those of us who grew up with (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) My son uses K'nex almost exclusively for making guns. On the other hand, at my kids best friends' house k'nex have been used for many other things including making orchestra instruments for beanie baby cats. They were really great. Cindy (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Rotated Logos (was Re: collector lego???)

(...) Now it's going to take me twice as long to build anything because I'll be looking for it too. *sigh* :) On a similar note, I noticed the other day that I had a 2x4 brick with pins that holds 2x2 wheels which had the logos rotated 90 degrees (...) (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

(...) down (...) GREAT COMMENT !!!!! ROFL! (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

(...) looked (...) down (...) Todd, Yes that is exactly right 7 of the logos were facing one way, and the 8th one was is the opposite way -- turned 180° (26 years ago, 14-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: collector lego???

(...) My comment is I curse the name of the baseball card collector (or whoever it was) who came up with the idea that "errors" in a production run are somehow worth more than the items that that aren't defective. (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact