 General / *460 (-20)
  Re: Target Halloween buckets.

> I managed to pick up 33 buckets in all, I was hoping for 40. > They were priced at $4.99 each. They didn't have these at the target near me! :( Any chance you'd be willing to sell one off? Sean (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) And since this is .publish, I'd like to comment on the attitude taken by the AGONN site. Okay, I understand wanting everyone to know you're the one who got the scoop, etc., but it was tasteless to write that in big letters _over_ the actual (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) I don't understand. I don't own any Launch Command sets, but I checked out the pictures on Pause, and they don't look much more impressive than the new Space Port sets, if at all. (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets

(...) As far as I can remember, the Y-wing was featured as a toy when the first wave of Star Wars Craze hit the planet. And speaking of the Y-wing fighter, as far as I can see, it probably has a total of eight 16-length beams with axle holes, as (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New N64 Game

(...) Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

lugnet.starwars removed. We've grown beyond them. (...) Launch Command is a dead sub-theme though. They made their last sets a while ago. Space Port is an entirely new subtheme that just APPEARS to be the same. Sarah Heacock (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) Could it be that Launch Command is the latest of the die hard town sub-themes to be consumed by this deadly virus called Town Jr.??? This is becoming more of a wake every year. :o( Barry (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  New element color

I have been having trouble posting, so this will be just bare bones. If it posts, I'll flesh it out. I have seen the element that was introduced in UFO, as supports for the spaceship that was packed with the mask last year, and is available in black (...) (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more new scans

Wow Inca's/Maya's that sound pretty neat, make minifig sacrifices to the sungod Yeah!!!!!! Dave Pawel wrote in message ... (...) predictions (...) (or is (...) see. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

I don't think it is the Space Shuttle. I think it is TLG's own design of a Reusable Aerospace Plane. There isn't an External Tank or Booster Rockets, so how can it be a Space Shuttle? Jeff (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets

But its hard to become proficient with one! One shot (from almost anything) and BOOOM!!! Bye-bye Pilot! :) Jeff (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

Remember, it is just the MINI-catalog! There is still a lot that they don't show! There are more Set Numbers and Minifigures at AGONN (Don't know URL, it is in a previous post though) that aren't on this catalog. Jeff (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

Hey, just be glad we don't get a new, BIGGER, one-piece shuttle wing plate! (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGnet historical moment -- (was: Got 1999 mini catalog!)

I;m getting misty-eyed. It seems like just yesterday my old archive on earthsea.stanford.edu was THE place to see scans of the new Spyrius catalog... My, how the world has changed! (and entirely for the better!). -gyug (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: 1999 Sets...shameful?

Jonas Marcho wrote in message ... (...) Team? I have to agree with youi there, but hey it's a great way to get those gears, I'd say taht thosese set's are 5 bucks each. so not to expensive (...) I (...) I still think they could use some smaller (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more new scans

(...) Looks like a Mayan-esque theme to me... I remember reading about predictions for the upcoming Adventurer's theme, and one of the ideas was an Aztec type temple... I think this is very much along those lines. What does the leave for (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  MODEL TEAM & Town Jr.

Heya all ! My opinion is that this TN JR. thing is a big shit. I loved this old TOWN & SPACE models from 80's. They was great ! I only hope that it will be something new by my favorite serie - MODEL TEAM ! Bye ! Rene virsik@us.svf.stuba.sk (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  more new scans

So I went to the web site with the 1999 catalog scans and saw he got the catalog from a Bi-Wing Baron at Fred Meyer. SO I decide what the heck, I'll go to Fred Meyer and get a Bi-Wing. So I do, and wah lah! I got the catalog. The interesting thing (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

"we must lengthen the shuttle body to create some storage space for cargo bay since we added our incredible(!) light&sound features to this model, but we couldn't make wings and tail a little bigger, since we were run out of ABS because of enlarging (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  1999 Sets...shameful?

ThrowBots -- it looks as if they can actually stand on their on as their joints appear to use a crude ball-in-socket system. I'll probobably end up with all of them because I love Technic. How about the return of Model Team? Ninja -- the new Ninja (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact