 General / 441
440  |  442
Subject:
1999 Sets...shameful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 00:33:33 GMT

ThrowBots -- it looks as if they can actually stand on their on as their
joints appear to use a crude ball-in-socket system. I'll probobably end up
with all of them because I love Technic. How about the return of Model Team?

Ninja -- the new Ninja sets looks great. Even better than the originals and I
love the red ninjas. The white ninjas looks pretty cool as well.

Rock Raiders -- this just goes to show how lame the ideas of Lego are getting.
Those rock monsters don't even look poseable. The drills...silver? Talk about
cheap! The silver paint will chip away almost instantly just as with the
silver swords.

Town, Jr. -- Space Port and Town Center are just aweful. I HATE this Town, Jr.
theme and I want the original town to return! Although I will admit the
classic rocket ship is a nice idea...kinda like those modern Titan III rockets.

Adventurers -- the new guy looks cool but the Zepellin is the ugliest Lego set
ever...EVER!!!

Star Wars -- there is a god and he is on our side because it is just AWESOME
that they have combined two of my favorite things. The sets look awesome. I
just hope they have a Millenium Falcon set and maybe a C3PO because he's cool.
I can't wait. I also heard that next year we'll see sets from the new movies,
too.