 General / *2635 (-10)
  Re: Profit dynamics of bulk purchases

Matthew Bates wrote in message ... (...) interested (...) (supplementary (...) isn't (...) I was in Sweden back in December and in a couple of the stores I went into they had parts packs for slopes, doors and windows, and wheels. They were (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) Ah, but as soon as you do that, you are making purchases on behalf of your company, and they are no longer private purchases. I was originally suggesting that TLG restrict membership of the club to private individuals only, and not allow (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

I'm not sure what your comment about taxes has to do with my comment about arbitrage. If I can get 1% an hour consistently, I will declare the income and pay the taxes. Gladly. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Profit dynamics of bulk purchases

I really don't see what all this fuss is about, toy stores aren't interested in selling bulk bricks. You used to be able to buy bulk bricks (supplementary packs I think they were called) in UK toy shops but not any more, there isn't enough demand. (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) But there's a federally imposed limit on the amount that you can make per year before you have to A> declare the income, and B> either have a business license or be on a payroll. This limit is not really that much per year (only about six (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service

(...) any real flowers [1]! Mark [1] He, it was a sunday! No stores were open!...and I completely forgot about Valentinesday..I admit! (now going to the corner to stand there for a while) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Units (Was: Play "I can name that piece...")

(...) Ah. We're refering to two different LU's. A Lehman LU (you brought it up in this thread first) is 1/2 plate-height. So the on-center spacing of studs can be expressed: 1 Gyugyi LU 5 Lehman LU 8 mm 10 Gyugyi dLU 20 LDU I would say the Lehman LU (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Virtual Flower Delivery Service

My wife liked her flowers too! I think it was a fine general announcement. Rich (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Tom Stangl, VFAQman Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 12:34 AM To: (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service

(...) Oh? It's a way cuter post without mentioning LEGO. That whole site is an alternate reality in which the brick is never mentioned. Very effective and sweet. And I don't believe you would not have followed the link if it was me... you're just (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG investigation

(...) I will. If you can point me to a scheme that is legal, and guaranteed to return 250 an hour for a capital investment of only 25,000 I am THERE. Only takes 100 hours to double your money at that rate. Lots of arbitrageurs make a nice living on (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact