 General / 2631
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:56:59 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Mark Tarrabain wrote:

That's only 1% profit.  Who's going to bother spending that kind of money to make so
little?

I will. If you can point me to a scheme that is legal, and guaranteed to
return 250 an hour for a capital investment of only 25,000 I am THERE.
Only takes 100 hours to double your money at that rate.

Lots of arbitrageurs make a nice living on margins of .01%... and it's
not even guaranteed! A margin of 1% is major gravy.

++Lar

But there's a federally imposed limit on the amount that you can make per year before you
have to A> declare the income, and B> either have a business license or be on a payroll.
This limit is not really that much per year (only about six thousand dollars in Canada.  I
don't know what it is in the US).  Because you would then have to purchase your stock
officially, on behalf of your company, you would be no longer eligible for purchases in
the club.  If you still tried to purchase the items unofficially anyways, you'd have to
fudge the numbers in your business' financial records, and a tax evasion lawsuit could
eventually come your way.  Even if you never got caught, you're still breaking the law,
and would have to wrestle with your own conscience.  It's not something I'd want to do,
and I hope it's something you wouldn't either.

Mark