 General / *2440 (-20)
  Re: Gary Louie Death

Also sprach Thomas Main: : I was just catching up on some rtl news today when I saw a message : posted yesterday (2/7/99) about Gary Louie's death. I had limited : contact with Gary - he once participated in one of my auctions - but I : always read (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hello

Simon Robinson wrote in message <47C58C0CC8E2D111873...lc.com>... (...) Greetings, and thanks for lurking first. I hope your stay is a pleasant one. We (read I) try not to be too annoying. Do you have an RTL roll-call you can post? I don't think (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Hello

Seeing as I've just sent my first post to the list, I may as well say *HELLO* to everyone. I've been lurking around for about a month, but had some difficulties registering - which have got sorted out thanks to help from Larry P and Todd Lehman. (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Mindstorms survey

Well - at least by including 'son' and 'daughter' they've recognised that parents might play with it. Actually I was quite impressed by the fact that the survey did let you choose from different age ranges for yourself, including ages going right (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why doesn't LEGO sell bookmarks?

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:16:32 GMT, Todd Lehman uttered the following profundities... (...) I do believe they had them at Legoland Windsor, so you should be able to pick some up when you go to Carlsbad! They had lots of other stationary-type items as (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 23:13:42 GMT, Mark Tarrabain uttered the following profundities... (...) Some of us on ICQ chat from time to time. I have 20 or so RTL'ers #'s. Go to (URL) it, and post your number. I'll send you those which I have, if you are (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lost Lego Link - Amusement Park Rides

(...) (URL) ??? as evah, John C (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}

(...) I believe the term I'm looking for is "grumble grumble bitch bitch" :) I went to my local Walmart this weekend (and a couple others, besides), and found the great, amazing, fantastic clearance item: Twisted Time Train had been marked down from (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lost Lego Link - Amusement Park Rides

(...) You might want to check out the Cool LEGO Site of the Week Archives (1) A text search for "amusement" brings up the URL for Iain's Lego Amusement Rides. (2) Incidentally, Iain has inserted some tutorial on how to make your own rides... Cheers, (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) Oh, sure... if you want to think sensibly. ;) Actually, the only real thing a real-time chat would provide that can't be done right now is a greater level of interactivity. Response times could be measured in seconds or minutes as opposed to (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) What kinds of things would it enable you to do that you can't do now? (...) Currently very low. Maybe higher a year from now. Here's an older thread discussing the subject... (URL) think a chat system could be a lot of fun... But there are (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) That would be too cool! :) What're the chances? (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Purism (was Re: Train "tyres"

(...) I find my purism wavering enough to accept this, especially since TLG doesn't make fresh spares (rubber DOES age, even in the package). I also bought a decalled engine from Steve B., and I recently prised the window glass out of one of those (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}

Hi all- Robert M. Dye found, back in late December: (...) It's time to start combing Wal-Marts again; they're clearing things out with alacrity. While Princeton's was just on "normal" half-price schedule, having one of the 6479 Res-Q base ($35), (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  I Start Working for LEGO Tomorrow

My job with LEGO NZ Ltd starts tomorrow (Monday). To all those who responded to my recent posting regarding a local toy shop closing, I hope I have got all the items sorted out correctly and haven't missed anyone off the list. The response was (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legoland passes in the mail?

(...) Got my passes today!! Certified mail no less. The sneak preview ones too :) I guess they ship the legoland trucks seperately since is was not included with the tickets. Barry (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

Do I see irc.lugnet.com in our future, Todd? :-) (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Is there a real time LEGO chat?

Is there a #lego channel on some irc network, or some realtime chat facility available to people who want to discuss LEGO and who are *NOT* on AOL? I haven't been able to find one on irc, but I only know a couple of the major irc networks. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dacta in Canada (again)

(...) Indeed it is. I'm pleased to realize that I'm not the only neurotic person here. :) (...) Which 5 catalogs are those? (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact