 General / *2430 (-20)
  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) What kinds of things would it enable you to do that you can't do now? (...) Currently very low. Maybe higher a year from now. Here's an older thread discussing the subject... (URL) think a chat system could be a lot of fun... But there are (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

(...) That would be too cool! :) What're the chances? (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Purism (was Re: Train "tyres"

(...) I find my purism wavering enough to accept this, especially since TLG doesn't make fresh spares (rubber DOES age, even in the package). I also bought a decalled engine from Steve B., and I recently prised the window glass out of one of those (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wal-Mart Clearance is underway! {FOTW}

Hi all- Robert M. Dye found, back in late December: (...) It's time to start combing Wal-Marts again; they're clearing things out with alacrity. While Princeton's was just on "normal" half-price schedule, having one of the 6479 Res-Q base ($35), (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  I Start Working for LEGO Tomorrow

My job with LEGO NZ Ltd starts tomorrow (Monday). To all those who responded to my recent posting regarding a local toy shop closing, I hope I have got all the items sorted out correctly and haven't missed anyone off the list. The response was (...) (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legoland passes in the mail?

(...) Got my passes today!! Certified mail no less. The sneak preview ones too :) I guess they ship the legoland trucks seperately since is was not included with the tickets. Barry (26 years ago, 7-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is there a real time LEGO chat?

Do I see irc.lugnet.com in our future, Todd? :-) (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Is there a real time LEGO chat?

Is there a #lego channel on some irc network, or some realtime chat facility available to people who want to discuss LEGO and who are *NOT* on AOL? I haven't been able to find one on irc, but I only know a couple of the major irc networks. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dacta in Canada (again)

(...) Indeed it is. I'm pleased to realize that I'm not the only neurotic person here. :) (...) Which 5 catalogs are those? (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms survey - Collectors Items

How about re-releasing a classic set like the 8880 Super Car. I am late to re-discovering Lego and would like to pick up one of these sets at a normal price. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Lost Lego Link - Amusement Park Rides

Awhile back, I saw a page that had amusement park rides built out of legos on it. I thought I book marked it, but cant find it. Does anyone know of the page I am taling about, and if so, can you send along the link. Thanking you in advance, Dave :-) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stereo LEGO

(...) Yikes! Is that still there? I had forgotten all about putting that up. I guess I should root around and see what other forgotten bits & pieces are still at that site. And yes, your eyes do get stuck. ¥) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Stereo LEGO

(...) Nifty! One of the very first threads I remember from when I started reading RTL (fall '97) was on stereo images. Terry Keller did this: (URL) my eyes supposed to be stuck like this for good now? ¥) Scott (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is why TLG lost money

(...) I agree that a classic sets line would rock, and probably do real well. But just because a handful of desperate AFOL's would pay $100 for 6074 (I wouldn't) that doesn't mean many other people would. Granted, though, they could sell them for (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is why TLG lost money

(...) Wow, 50 pounds of ABS better bring in SOME coin alright. It would have to be one heckuva coin to make the deal worthwhile. :) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms survey

Actually, that question didn't even show up in my survey. Didn't have a suggestion box area either. Weird. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms survey

(...) Yeah... I checked Friend as a substitute for Spouse. I had a lot of fun with the suggestion/improvement section, listed things like more inputs, more outputs, more memory, a stack for the default VM so subroutines can call subroutines, RIS was (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dacta in Canada (again)

Martin Legault wrote in message ... [misc deleted] (...) to (...) When I contacted Lego last year, they only pointed me to the Spectrum people, who while nice enough, don't nearly have the selection that is available. I was planning on contacting (...) (26 years ago, 6-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: This is why TLG lost money

(...) One mans trash is another man's treasure. I bet an auction would fetch you some coin.... (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact