 General / *2160 (-20)
  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

The 'Mech that you can create with the alt-XWing seems pretty interesting. Might have to pick up a couple of these to have several models built at once ... (...) -- Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) It wasn't. The apparent point being that you can use these sets to make non-Star Wars models. (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Steve (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) 1BN? Is that a million million, or a thousand million? (...) I don't know -- I almost always get charged by CA for parts replacement. Which is OK with me. Free was wonderful, but it is a service worth paying for. Especially when they send the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why oh why oh why! (was Re: Advice for trip to Billund?)

(...) If you go to Huw Millington's promotional set database at: (URL) search for set number 1651, you will be able to see a container lorry from the Maersk Line that uses the light blue bricks. This set is from 1980. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?

(...) I hoped that their 1999 plans would hinge on improving their core product... Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!

(...) Hmm. too bad. the half-price SAH should have been a clue to me :) Anyway, I bought 2 in the last couple days - 20 16x beams, like 7 or 8 #12 axles,veritable holey-bag-loads of small parts, including a handful of friction pegs, and plenty of (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

[redirecting discussion to lugnet.starwars] (...) I've noticed that the questions change each time you take it (had to take it twice because I tried Netscape and MSIE to see if the java applet worked). (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Story about Lego on NPR's Morning Edition

Today's episode of Morning Edition had a story about Lego laying off folks during the business news part of the show. It should be available via RealAudio at (URL) this afternoon. I didn't hear all of it, but they were mentioning that Lego wanted to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Also, There is a really easy quiz that will allow you to see an Episode 1 set, but the Java Applet for the set image is broken! Jeff (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) You also need to have Java Script turned on, and you need Shockwave Flash. *ack* The catalogue entries for Star Wars seem to focus on the fact that the sets can be used to make alternate models too. I like this. (URL) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Update: The Snowspeeder *Does* have orange pieces, and it has a "smokey" colored airplane windshield for the rear cockpit! Cool!! Jeff (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) Indented material quoted from the press release: A DKK 1 billion improvement We have to sharpen our demands for our business system, but there also has to be room for both development and new activities. The Executive Team has therefore (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?

How can things be so bad? The ZB in my area never can keep legos in stock. The had ~30 Mindstorms on Oct 16 and they were gone by Nov 10th. never to be seen on the shelf again. Is lego just not making enough of the items that people want? I would (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

Jesse Long wrote: <lots of good stuff> (...) This os one observation I disagree with. This is a privately owned firm. Therefore it can have whatever values the owners want. If they choose not to focus on bottom line, they can do that and not have to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

I read this, and as you know, I guess I feel I have a bit more exposure to companies undergoing change than some of you, as that's what our firm does, help companies change. I found a lot of positive things in the message, but trying to get the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Mark de Kock wrote in message ... (...) more (...) Good: They realize they need changes. They realize they need these changes in corporate structure and function. Bad: Even their "review" appears to focus only on internal structure, and not product, (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why oh why oh why! (was Re: Advice for trip to Billund?)

snip (...) photos (...) bunch of (...) (cyan?) (...) An employee told me LEGOLAND has had light blue as a regular color from the beginning, because they needed it for the airplanes of Maersk air, the Danish company. Eric Brok (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) This message is both threatening and reassuring: TLG admits that they're in trouble, but they also decide to do something about it. I hope they will get through this crisis and get out of it stronger and more customer-orientated. Mark --- (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  TLG press release - not a crisis?

(URL) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact