 Gaming / Starship / 415
Re: Ship Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:04:06 GMT

Dudes,

I have reset the order of the main ships list to straight alphabetical as suggested.

Those of you who registered your vessels with the name “The insert rest of ship name here” may wish to reconsider the most appropriate name for your vessel :-)

I had previously done substantial work on splitting the registry into player oriented sub-pages, but had let it go when I realised that it meant changing the ship tags and invalidating any deeplinks people have in their own pages. I agree with the points made about the slow load time on the page - loading 58 ship images is like that, and the text itself is around 110k. So anyway, I’m back on the multiple pages tack. I mention it here as a warning that over the next few days all the shiptags will change, and if you use deeplinks, you’ll probably want to reset them. For those keen on preparing ahead, I note that the local tags won’t change, but that they will be found in a different page - I will be creating pages called ‘reg-player name.htm’, in the same directory as the registry homepage. Player name will be as shown on the current homepage.

So what will be on the homepage will just be the two lists and the help text.

I don’t plan to breakup the small craft page until it gets over 30k (if it ever does :-).