 Gaming / Starship / 409
Re: Ship Registry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:11:48 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom wrote:
   In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:

   I have tried to list them in the main list in alphabetical order by ship name (ignoring fleet/organisation and numerical prefixes). If there are errors in this, please let me know.

Hmmm. I didn’t notice that. Maybe it would be less confusing if the prefixes were removed and put in parenthesis behind the name, or if they were simply included in the alphabetizing process.

Actually, in one of the earlier versions of the registry, I had the ships listed alphabetically including the prefixes (USS, HES, etc.). In so doing, any player who gave all his ships the same prefix would automatically have his ships grouped in the listing. I actually found this rather convenient as I reference the registry regularly.

When Richard took over the duties of the registry web page, it took such a burden from me that I had no problems with his changes. I am still used to my old way, so it takes me a moment to find the right ship sometimes. But it hasn’t been a big deal to me.

I leave it to Galactic Chief Richard to decide whether he wants to change things or not. :)

-GM Hendo