 Gaming / 778
  Brikwars in different scales

Hey weekend Brickwarriors, Has anyone experimented with playing Brikwars in scales other than minifig? e.g. using microfig-scale mecha (1) or nanofig-scale starships, etc. Think Warhammer 40,000 Epic, Battlefleet Gothic, Renegade Legion, Battletech, (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) We're working on rules supplement involving both microfig and nanofig scales, they've been in development for a couple months but are still maybe a year from being production-ready. They're being built around the idea of having a starfleet (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) Cool! (...) Wow, that's even more detail than I was expecting. Structurally, how would the rules fit within BW 2000? Or would this suppliment be geared for a future release? In a similar vein, I was looking at Stephen's Minifig Death and how (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) Yes, that's the thing about Mike ... more detail than one could ever hope for. It's an agonizing cycle for those of us who yearn for every update to Brikwars. We hope- nay, *demand* that Mike fill in every detail, and make sure to point out (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) Yes! Mike, do it! That's about $180 more per year than the average game designer makes! ;-) (...) I'm afraid I have "Parka" tattooed across my forehead...I love to just read the rules, but somehow I can't merge into the Anoraky subculture. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) ...Its funny you should mention this :-) I had been off and on thinking of and working on revising Minifig Death to include "Epic Scale" battles using your stickfig/microfig designs as the base trooper :-) I was going to use 2x4 plates to hold (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) It's funny you were going to do this, since I had initially come up with the stickfigs as an answer to Epic 40k. :-, I've also been playing with the idea of trying to cram my minifig Ogre model into this scale for wargaming purposes, but I'm (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) Wait, let me do the math... carry the seven... power of two... hey! There are game designers out there making $20 a year? I'm getting screwed! (...) I go back and forth. When some chunk of the rules undergoes a radical change and it comes time (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars in different scales

(...) The supplement should be pretty release-independent, I don't see anything that would keep it from fitting even with bw98 or earlier. But it's on low priority until 2001 is done. (...) MFD is a great idea, BW definitely needs to be able to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jun-01, to lugnet.gaming)