 Gaming / 792
Re: Brikwars in different scales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 02:21:45 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shaun Sullivan writes:
How about it Mike?  How much more than $200 per year could one person
actually need, anyway?

Yes!  Mike, do it!  That's about $180 more per year than the average game
designer makes!  ;-)

Wait, let me do the math... carry the seven... power of two... hey!  There
are game designers out there making $20 a year?  I'm getting screwed!

But back to my question, I don't mind public input at all.  Perhaps a better
question would be, "of all the Brikwars rules, which ones do you actually
play with, and which ones do you tend to ignore?"

I go back and forth.  When some chunk of the rules undergoes a radical
change and it comes time to playtest then you have to be real strict and not
leave anything out, you don't want to overlook any bizarre rule
interactions.  But as a whole I'm happy to ignore all the rules back to and
including chapter one.  Once I get back to the legal disclaimer I ease off
and try to respect those rules, and I refuse to miss any opportunity to bust
out the Hammer, but everything else is fair game.  I try to squirrel out of
any situation that involves whipping out the tape measure or even rolling
dice.  What a pain!

Don't even ask me where I stand ... the answer's not pretty ;)

Shaun on the other hand seems to have no end to his tolerance for minutiae,
so he and his hooligan pals do a fine job of keeping me honest.

- Mike.