 Fun / Crafts / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
Happy Christmas! from The Brick Testament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun.crafts, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:09:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Ol’ Santa Brendan’s got a couple of Christmas gifts for his friends at LUGNET!

First is a sneak preview of the new website version of the “Jesus Is Born” story (as featured in my new book The Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas):

Jesus Is Born (Special Edition)

I will make this available to the general public some time after Christmas, but thought it would be fun to give you guys a first look (and comments appreciated as always!). For those of you who have yet to see the Story of Christmas book, this is a completely new and expanded version of the “Jesus is Born” story I first illustrated back in December 2001.

This new website version differs slightly from what you’ll find in the book--a couple illustrations from the book have been left out, and a couple of other illustrations are unique to the website version. Plus the website version uses dialogue bubbles, keeping in line with the rest of the site.

Enjoy!

Second is a special Brick Testament: Story of Christmas “activity nativity” Christmas card that I would love to send out to my pals here on LUGNET:

But you know what? I don’t have anybody’s postal address. So if you would like me to send you one of these very limited edition cards, please e-mail me today or tomorrow with your mailing address and LUGNET member number, and I’ll send one out to you lickety-split. (Do try to contact me today or tomorrow, because I’ll be splitting town for the holidays after that!)

Here’s the story behind the card: My publisher Quirk Books asked me to help them create their company Christmas card this year, with a Brick Testament: The Story of Christmas theme. I was happy to oblidge, it turned out very nicely, and they sent me a big stack of them for my own personal use.

Each card has an empty manger scene on the front and comes with a sheet of perforated character cut-outs that you can stand up in front of the card and create your very own nativity scene.

I’m happy to send these out to any LUGNET members who are fans of The Brick Testament. Don’t worry about the postage, it’s on me. My stock of them is not unlimited, so if I get totally swamped for requests, I will follow-up to this thread to let you know that I’ve run out of cards.

Happy Christmas to all!

-Brendan Powell Smith