 Fun / 821
Re: Just for fun, take a poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 01:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
Not to be at all antagonistic, but out of curiosity, could someone explain
to me the fetish so many people seem to have for the Blacktron guy? • <snip>
I can certainly see voting for the Classic Space guy.  When first released,
he was a giant leap forward for minifigkind, but Blacktron always struck me
as a merely a small step.

Hey Rev, besides the fact that they came with some darn cool vehicles, the
Blacktron figs were also the first to have *black visors* (that I know of).
In fact, I know of none since then either.  This unique feature should be
considered noteworthy as much as the unique features of other figs on the
poll.  (What I don't get is why the Blacktron spacecraft didn't use solid
black for all their cockpit windows.)

And while I'm at it, can someone fill me in on the history behind Mary and Bill?

They were the stars of an early idea book:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6000

Cheers,
-Hendo (who coincidentally did not vote for the Blacktron fig)