 Fun / 369
  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

Ok, I guess one request constitutes interest, so here goes: This is adapted from the Betty Crocker recipe (heavily modified by me, but credit where credit is due). c=cup t=teaspoon mix: 1 1/2 c flour 1 t salt 1 t baking soda 1/4 t cinnamon (more if (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

(...) Thanks for posting this, Brian! I might give this a go tonight -- I don't care for most of the flavors, and apple-cinnamon oatmeal cookies actually sound appealing. (...) I'll let you know after I make a batch. Steve (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

(...) You're welcome. I'm planning on making some more tonight. (...) I look forward to hearing how they come out. Brian (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

(...) The cookies got rave reviews from all testers. :) Two that should have been different, IMO: 1. The cookies were kinda bland - I'd definitely recommend more cinnamon and nutmeg. 2. The consistency of the baked cookies was more bread-y than (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

Try using only 1 cup flour* instead of 1 1/2 cup (stir flour before measuring to make sure that its not packed), 8 packs oatmeal instead of 6, 1/2 teaspoon salt instead of 1 teaspoon, add 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce when you add the eggs, and (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

Hmmm, yes; those sound like good suggestions. Well, except for maybe using applesauce in place of milk, but I think that's a question of taste--I'm not much interested in boosting the apple flavor. Steve (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

(...) Glad to hear it! :) (...) Yeah, I'd noticed that, but it seemed to be a good starting place, since there was already some cinnamon in the oatmeal. I was also thinking a bit more sugar, maybe. (...) I'd noticed that, too. They seemed more like (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

Yes, those do sound like pretty good suggestions. I'm not sure if regular commercial applesauce would do a good enough job of rehydrating the dried apple bits in the oatmeal packets, but it'd be worth a shot. The only reason I added that liquid was (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo

(...) apple (...) It worked for me. I think the apple pieces soak up less moisture than the oatmeal or the flour. (...) The apple sauce will affect the flavor, but its there mostly for the texture. With the apple sauce, the cookies will be more (...) (24 years ago, 22-Feb-01, to lugnet.fun)