 Fun / 369
Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 22:35:52 GMT

Ok, I guess one request constitutes interest, so here goes:
This is adapted from the Betty Crocker recipe (heavily modified by me, but
credit where credit is due).

c=cup
t=teaspoon

mix:
1 1/2 c flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t cinnamon (more if you like)
1/4 t nutmeg (more if you like)
set aside

beat:
1/2 c butter
1/2 c shortening (butter-flavor crisco, just like Loretta Linn :)
for 30 seconds
Add to this:
1/2 c lightly packed brown sugar
and beat until fluffy

Add:
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
and beat some more

Add dry ingredients and mix well

Add:
6 packets Apple-Cinnamon oatmeal
1/4 c milk (or water)

Let the dried apple bits soak up the milk... you may have to add a little more

mix thoroughly

Shape dough into two 8-10 inch rolls, wrap with wax paper or plastic wrap and
refrigerate overnight

Cut dough into 1/4 inch slices, and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

They came out kind of dry (a bit like a bran muffin), but they taste pretty
good, which is the important thing. :-)I thought about fishing out all the
apple pieces and rehydrating them before I put them in the dough, but I decided
it was way more work than it was worth.

If anyone has any suggestions for improving this, please let me know.

Brian

In lugnet.fun, Robert M. Dye writes:
in article G8EzE8.L8o@lugnet.com, Brian Bacher at aethereal@lisco.com wrote
on 2/7/2001 7:13 PM:

I can post the recipe I used, if there's any interest.

Brian

Please do.

I have been wondering if the mix could be used to make cookies.

Rob