 Fun / 381
Re: Quaker Oatmeal promo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 22:15:07 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Steve Bliss writes:

The cookies got rave reviews from all testers. :)

Glad to hear it! :)

Two that should have been different, IMO:

1. The cookies were kinda bland - I'd definitely recommend more cinnamon
  and nutmeg.

Yeah, I'd noticed that, but it seemed to be a good starting place, since there
was already some cinnamon in the oatmeal. I was also thinking a bit more sugar,
maybe.

2. The consistency of the baked cookies was more bread-y than oatmeal-y.
  Maybe I used too much baking soda?  Or I made the dough too stiff?
  Dunno.

I'd noticed that, too. They seemed more like some sort of "bran muffin" than
cookie. I was hoping that they came out that way because of our lousy electric
stove, but I wasn't sure.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with the recipe, I think I just
biffed my baking.

Thanks again!
Steve

Glad you enjoyed them!