 FAQ / 77 (-10)
  Re: Format of FAQ items

(...) What about an outline format? I made a cool little utility that displays, in outline format, any sub-tree of the global ng tree...so from any category sub-homepage you can see what's there beneath it -- especially handy for things like loc (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ data format possibilities

(...) I like index.* over title.* too. (...) The funny thing to me is the strange and unpredictable sequence that things have been unfolding in. It's not that it's got a life of its own which is not under any of our control to choose the sequencing, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Format of FAQ items

(...) Let me expand on this. It all depends on how it's converted into readable form. A one-file FAQ would certainly slurp everything in. An HTML conversion might take just the question titles to put up on the first page. Or maybe just the section's (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: obLEGO

(...) It's the repeated, frustrated sound you make when you open a Town Jr. set. It indicates a state of sticker shock. :-, Actually, "ob" is an abbreviation of "obligatory". Among other things, it's an old Usenet trick to insert an on-topic remark (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ data format possibilities

(...) Please see my comment regarding an index file title.en.faq : (URL) actual name of the file is unimportant.) You could then have title.fr.faq , title.es.faq , etc. (I think I now prefer "index" over "title" in the filename.) (...) It's funny (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  obLEGO

What does the 'ob' mean? Thanks! John (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: FAQ data format possibilities

(...) I've got a mechanism for this for the ng names so that, for example, "sf" is displayed as "San Francisco" -- but it isn't internationalized yet. Not sure how to handle subcategory names in the FAQ for virtual subcategories that don't yet (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Working sketch of FAQ item data format

(Originally in another thread. I gave it its own thread to make finding it and building upon it easier.) Here's a working sketch of the FAQ data format; in quasi-XML, to separate the files. <FILE NAME="file: /faq/lugnet/market/a...1.en.faq"> Refer: (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Format of FAQ items

(...) You've convinced me otherwise now. Mea culpa. :-, (...) I think it would take in the whole sub-FAQ. This is (currently) my strategy for giving localized names to the different categories. Someone looking for starter questions could probably (...) (25 years ago, 23-Apr-99, to lugnet.faq)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact